DOCUMENTS REQUIRED IF SUBMITTING IN PERSON OR BY MAIL
- Visa applications are accepted between the hours 9am – 12pm, Monday – Friday.
- Collection of passports & visas are between the hours 2pm – 4pm, Monday – Friday.
- Completed Form 14A (original). [if the link does not work, please copy and paste the following URL to your browser : http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/docs/Visitor%20Services/Form%2014A.pdf]
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph (to be pasted on the top right-hand corner of (Form 14A) which meets the following requirements:
- Image must be taken within the last 3 months.
- Photograph should be in colour and must be taken against a plain white background.
- Image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features).
- Notarized/Certified True Copy of US Permanent Resident card; OR a clear copy of your US Visa/Notice of Approval/Advanced Parole.
- If you are a student in the USA, please also provide a clear copy of pages 1 & 3 of your valid I-20 (page 3 is to be duly endorsed by your school representative) and a clear copy of your student’s ID.
- Original Passport and a clear photocopy of biodata page of your passport. Please ensure that the passport is valid for at least 6 more months beyond your last day of intended stay in Singapore.
- Completed Form V39A (Letter of Introduction for Visa Application) [if the link does not work, please copy and paste the following URL to your browser : http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/docs/Visitor%20Services/FormV39A.pdf].
For Business Visit (attending business negotiations/discussion)
- Letter of Introduction (LOI) may be issued by a local contact in Singapore. For visa applicants attending business negotiation / discussion in Singapore, the local contact must be a Singapore registered business entity. The person acting on behalf of the business entity must be a Singapore Citizen / Singapore Permanent Resident who is at least 21 years old. Singapore Identity Card (NRIC) number of the local contact must be provided on Form V39A.
- Computer printout of the Singapore registered business entity’s detailed business profile (showing the names of all the directors / shareholders) from the Instant Information Service, Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) [if the link does not work, please copy and paste the following URL to your browser : http://www.acra.gov.sg] and printed within the last 3 months.
For Social Visit (visiting friends, relatives and for tourism)
- Letter of Introduction (LOI) may be issued by a local contact in Singapore. Any Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who is at least 21 years old can act as a local contact. A clear copy of the local contact’s Singapore identity card must also be provided.
- If you do not have a local contact in Singapore who is a Singapore Citizen or a Singapore Permanent Resident, please provide a copy of your eTicket receipt & itinerary and a copy of the confirmed hotel reservation for the duration of your stay in Singapore with your visa application.
- Non-refundable visa application fee of US$23. Please refer to the Additional Notes below for payment instructions of the relevant Singapore Mission.
- The applicant and the local contact may be required to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
- Official translations of the documents are required if they are not in the English language.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR VISA APPLICANTS :
- The processing time for visa applications is approximately 5 business days for Assessment Level I Countries and approximately 10 business days for Assessment Level II Countries, from the receipt of complete documents. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applicants should therefore give allowance for processing and possible postal delays before their intended departure. The processing time required is independent of the mode of application (i.e. either by post or in person). There is no expedite service for visa applications. Depending on the documents produced, local sponsors (i.e. Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents) and security bond may be required.
- The permitted duration of stay is determined at the discretion of the Immigration Officer on duty upon arrival at the Singapore Immigration Checkpoints. Regardless of the length of stay granted, visitors may apply for extensions of stay in person at the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority before the expiration of the entry permit. The address of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority is as follows:-
10 Kallang Road, Singapore 208718
Tel: (65) 6391-6100 Fax: (65) 6298-0837
URL : http://www.ica.gov.sg Email : ICA_Feedback@ica.gov.sg
- Please note that visas issued are for Social / Business Visits only.
ADDITIONAL NOTES IF YOU ARE APPLYING THROUGH:
- SINGAPORE CONSULATE GENERAL IN SAN FRANCISCO :
595 Market Street, Suite 2450, San Francisco, CA 94105.
Tel : (415) 543-4775
Fax : (415) 543-4788
Email : email@example.com
URL : http://www.mfa.gov.sg/sanfrancisco
- Please issue a money order / cashier’s cheque in US currency payable to the “SINGAPORE CONSULATE GENERAL” for the processing fee. Payment can be made in cash if application is submitted in person. Please bring the exact amount. Personal/corporate cheques will not be accepted.
- To facilitate the return of your passport(s) and visa(s) by mail, please provide a self-addressed and stamped United States Postal Service (USPS) Express Mail Flat Rate envelope OR a self-addressed, prepaid label and envelope from a courier service of your choice. For the latter, please make sure that pick-up service from our location is available.